Great designers wake up every day knowing they can create something beautiful and engaging. At Pyramid, we also ask, “How can we use that compelling design to change the world?”
We are a full-service communications firm. We blend dynamic creative and smart strategy to help clients who are providing housing for those in need, protecting our forests, reducing nuclear arsenals, defending tribes’ rights—people who are fighting the good fight.
We give voice to good causes, and we’ve been at it for more than 25 years.
Pyramid Communications is hiring a graphic designer: an experienced creative who is passionate about strategic design and thrives working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, adept at taking creative direction, and motivated in managing and leading their own projects. She or he knows branding, web and print design, and is comfortable presenting to and interacting with clients. Our hire will work on a wide range of projects for a diverse client base.
The designer will:
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to take projects from concept to completion
- Participate in brainstorms and meetings, effectively communicating ideas to project teams and clients
- Work as part of a small design team, mentoring and encouraging each other
- Continually build skills and share knowledge of cutting edge work with the broader Pyramid team
- Report to Pyramid’s Design Director
The ideal candidate has:
- Three years of design experience (agency and nonprofit client experience preferred)
- A strong aesthetic sense with knowledge of color, layout, typography, as well as user-interface design principals and standards
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects and/or front-end development is a plus)
- Experience in designing for web and mobile
- Experience in print production and collateral design
- Experience designing for social media
- Illustration skills a plus
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to confidently and successfully present creative concepts to internal teams and clients
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proven experience working in collaborative teams
- Creativity and a sense of humor
Salary is dependent on experience. We offer our employees a competitive benefits package, including full health, dental and disability insurance, subsidized transportation, appealing vacation time, and retirement plans.
The fine print:
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit at a desk for four or more hours per day, and frequently lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Cultivating a diverse and inclusive staff is essential to our work. Applicants who represent the broad range of diversity and lived experiences in our communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.